Thursday, April 14, 2016

L is for Lucid Dreams (False Awakenings)

Lucid Dreaming dreaming while knowing that you are dreaming. The term was coined by Frederik van Eeden who used the word "lucid" in the sense of mental clarity. Lucidity usually begins in the midst of a dream when the dreamer realizes that the experience is not occurring in physical reality, but is a dream. 

Often this realization is triggered by the dreamer noticing some impossible or unlikely occurrence in the dream, such as flying or meeting the deceased. 

When lucidity is at a high level, you are aware that everything experienced in the dream is occurring in your mind, that there is no real danger, and that you are asleep in bed and will awaken shortly. 

With low-level lucidity you may be aware to a certain extent that you are dreaming, perhaps enough to fly or alter what you are doing, but not enough to realize that the people are dream representations, or that you can suffer no physical damage, or that you are actually in bed. Reference 


I have had lucid dreams where I could actually make free will decisions. They are crazy weird. One such dream I was in mortal combat with someone I knew and I really had to focus and fight for my life while making conscious decisions such as how to defend and attack. I’ll never forget that dream.

Honorable Mention Language, Landscape and Love

Tomorrow M is for Movies (best of dreams in film)

Question Have you had a lucid dream? I'd really like to hear about it.