Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Dreams: D is for Daydreams and Downloads

Daydreams Indulging in a reverie, or a state of dreamy meditation or fanciful musing while awake. Is daydreaming (lasting on average 14 seconds) a waste of time or the doorway to creativity? According to some psychologists, we spend up to half of our mental activity on daydreams. They help us realize our goals, and reveal our innermost hopes, desires and fears. 

We think of daydreams as scatterbrained and unfocused, but one of the functions of daydreaming is to keep your life’s agenda in front of you; it reminds you of what’s coming up, it rehearses new situations, plans the future and scans past experiences so you can learn from them.’ Reference 



Download This is exactly what you think it is; a download. You’re awake or asleep and an idea is downloaded to your brain. 

My Breakthrough Trilogy came to me this way. It just happened. The entire concept and framework was downloaded to my brain. Strange, I know. But I knew the end from the beginning and all I needed to do was simply write it out. Yeah, downloads are strange but they do happen.

Honorable Mention Door, Darkness and Death (I have not experienced this in a dream. Although I’ve fallen from dramatic heights, I’ve never had that big splat). 

Tomorrow E is for Epic Dreams

Question What do you daydream about? Have you experienced anything that resembles a download?