Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Get Healthy Blog Hop

Hi everyone, and welcome to the Get Healthy Blog Hop, hosted by Alex Cavanaugh, L. Diane Wolfe, Michael Di Gesu. The objective is to help other writers to succeed.

 I think this is a very important Blog Hop as so many of us have awesome and amazing tips to pass along regarding getting and staying healthy! And we may very well pick this event up again this fall, once a month, from Halloween through the New Year. 

I've always been thin, but in the past few years the pounds have been accumulating. Sitting and writing doesn't help. So I joined Weight Watchers. I can honestly say this programs works. 

I've seen too many people go on programs only to lose, gain, lose, and gain weight. They are yo-yo diets. Why? Because many diets are programs and not a lifestyle that people can build their life around. No way anyone can remain on these diets for very long. And once they get off them, the pounds come right back. Examples: 

Jennie Craig: Pre-packaged boxes of food that don't need refrigeration? I'm suspicious already. And these meals taste awful. People simply cannot remain on this program and be happy. They gain the pounds right back as soon as they leave. 

Medifast: Powdered meals and snacks 24/7? I've seen people lose incredible amounts of weight on this program, only to gain it right back as soon as they leave.  

IMHO, Weight Watchers is the only life-long program that one can put themselves on, be happy, and see consistent results. It's a lifestyle you can live with. And you can get an app and scan foods or enter them in manually and the app tracks everything so you know how you are doing through the day and make adjustments as you go along. 

The Points System Works: Why? Because you can eat what you want (use good sense and eat good food). And Weight Watchers allows you to splurge one day a week and go nuts. And if you exercize, then you can add a few points to your daily total and still continue to lose wight. 

So if you are in need of losing some pounds but do not want to stop eating real food and you want to splurge once a week, take a moment and check out Weight Watchers. Eat real food (I skip their packaged foods except for the chocolate protein shakes), do it online, and skip those weekly meetings. 


I rock! Thanks Alex for the You Rock! award. It's been a really tough couple of months with Google Shutting Down My Blogs and all. So I really appreciate the award!

And since this is a new blog, I would greatly appreciate hitting the FOLLOW button on my right side bar and updating your blog roll with my new URL. Thanks!

Question: What are some tips you can offer to get healthy and stay healthy?