Monday, November 11, 2013

W4WS

Writers4Writers: Thanks again everyone for supporting a really amazing and awesome venture! Hosted by Mary Pax, Christine Raines, C.M. Brown, and myself, the objective is to help other writers to succeed. This month we spotlight Michael Offutt.
 
Our Mission:
• Help writers bring awareness of their book(s) to tens of thousands of new people
• Help writers reach Amazon Top 100 in at least one category (i.e., suspense, free, etc.)
• Increase sales of their book(s) after the promo is over
• Drive new traffic to their blog and increase following
• Create verbal and viral buzz
 
What To Do, You Ask? Simply stop by Marta's sites and copy and paste their pre-written Tweets into your Twitter account. Or go to #W4WS on Twitter and Retweet something. You can do this once or all week long as much as you feel inspired. Or click the W4WS Facebook Page and then share their links with your Facebook friends and writers groups. thus enabling Laura and Marian to reach countless new people they could never before reach! If you want more information, CLICK HERE and sign up.
 
On A More Somber Note: Nick Wilford at Scattergun Scribblings superstar boy Andrew sadly passed away in his sleep a few days ago. Kyra Lennon is coordinating flowers/donation from authors for Nick and his family. Kyra is one of Nick's crit partners. If you want to donate and/or pass on the info, feel free. You can send money through Paypal to Kyra. Her Paypal address is kyralennon@gmail.com
 
Although it's early days, and we're not sure what Nick's family need right now (not that there's anything that can REALLY help), if anyone would like to donate some money to send them some flowers to let them know we're thinking of them, and any remaining money can be donated to a charity of their choice.
 
You can send money through Paypal - because that's the easiest way for it to be collected and sent on. Any donations are welcome - if you can only afford £1/$1, then great! If you can't afford anything, don't feel bad. What we're doing here is trying to let Nick and his family know that - as a group - us writers are there for him.
 
God Bless Nick And His Family. Nick was to be featured this month on W4WS. But we can do something to honor Nick and his son in other ways if you feel so inspired. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Nick.

18 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about Nick and his family's sad news. It's great how his blogging friends are trying to do do what they can to support him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got with another author and our publisher and a donation was made this morning for Nick's family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited for Michael and devastated for Nick- Andrew was such a bright light and I can't imagine what Nick and his family are going through right now. My thoughts and prayers join yours and those of the whole blogging community in wishing Nick the knowledge that he is loved during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sad to learn about the loss of Andrew. :-(

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still so stunned about Andrew, such a devastating loss. I'm glad we are able to get together and support Nick and his family.

    Very happy for Michael - his books are great and he deserves all the attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I said on Alex's blog, my heart sank when I heard the news, and our thoughts are with Nick and his family. And kudos to Michael. I'm proud to own his work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This news makes my heart ache. Prayers are offered to Nick and his family at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Steve .. I've done my bit .. and I know they will be grateful for anything .. as they've always struggled particularly with Andrew at home - it is devastating for them and I'm sure they will continue to support the cerebral palsy organisation that was helping them with Andrew.

    Good luck to Michael - it's wonderful you're out there supporting others ... with thoughts on Remembrance Day .. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel so bad for Nick and his family. The W4W is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so sorry to read about Andrew -- my heart goes out to Nick and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My heart and prayers go to Nick and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My heart goes out to anyone losing a child. So very sad for Nick and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My condolences and thoughts are for the family at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending prayers for everyone who loved Andrew. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful that you're spotlighting Michael O! He's wonderful. And yes... so tragic with Nick's family. Wow. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry I missed this month, but I've been on hospital duty since Nov. 4th. My deepest sympathies to Nick and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Saying prayers for Nick's family. I am so sorry for their loss.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Stephen! I hope you will stop by to claim the award I have nominated you for. Have an AWESOME day!

    Susanne
    Putting Words Down On Paper

    ReplyDelete