Tuesday, April 4, 2023

April 2023 IWSG

 


Hello everyone and as always thanks for stopping by. These are the co-hosts for January 2023’s Insecure Writers Support Group brought to you by AlexJCanavaugh, Nancy Gideon, Jemima Pett and Natalie Aguirre.. Be sure to stop by their sites and give them some love for all their hard work! This during what has to be one of the craziest years in recent memory! 


April 5 Question Do you remember writing your first book? What were your thoughts about a career path on writing? Where are you now and how is it working out for you? If you're at the start of the journey, what are your goals? 

Yes I remember writing my first book. Took about 2 years including editing. The next one I spent about a year then six months each on books three and four. 

I’m not writing now. I’m working on a few digital marketing things that are keeping me busy. I do have a number of short stories outlined and somewhat filled out. I have a great start on a book of unrelated short stories. 

I need to make time to finish one a week. I’ll have my editor go over it once should be all it takes. I’m drawing blanks on the cover art but something will come to me. 

I also need to take time to blog more and visiting my good ol’ blogging buds. Stopping by 10 blogs a day Monday through Friday isn’t that hard. 


Other than that I’m back to brushing up on my Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. The other apps I never use. Amazing how much you can forget if you don’t use it like you used to. 

As always thanks for stopping by! 

Question Do you have anything in the pipeline or ready to release?

8 comments:

  1. I wish I could finish a book in six months. That's great that you have some short stories outlined. I hope you decide to blog more. Would love to see you blogging more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie thanks for stopping by I will be consistent blogging moving forward.

      Delete
  2. The longest book I ever wrote I finished in 6 months, so I know it's possible.

    I had the full Adobe suite for a while but I only use three - Acrobat, InDesign, and Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much going on with the Adobe suite I limit the options and forget the rest.

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah, and if you haven't used them in awhile they may have made updates and moved things around! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The updates are just another way to hide things and make you watch YouTube videos to find them.

      Delete
  4. Hopefully the cover art comes to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably hire someone to do it like the previous four book covers.

      Delete