Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Tribute To The Professor, Mr. Kincaid, And The Return Of The Weekend Follies

The Professor
I have to take a moment and give tribute to Russell Johnson, aka The Professor from Gilligan's Island who just passed away at the age of 89.
 
His dry humor was the perfect ying to the mad cap slapstick yang of the other characters.
 
That leaves Mary Ann, Ginger, and Gilligan. I noted on Facebook how it's funny we don't call them by their real names.


Mr. Kincaid
Wow! As I'm writing this at the last minute, another actor from my childhood just passed. Dave Madden, or Mr. Kincaid from the Partridge Family has also left he. He was 82.

I remember the first episode where The Partridge Family needed a manager and Ruben Kincaid declined numerous attempts from Danny to take them on.

Then, Danny followed Mr. Kincaid into a restroom and to the stall next to him. He slid a tape recorder with a demo song under the stall wall and hit PLAY. Kincaid loved the song and signed them.

Sometimes, you have to do what you have to do to get recognized.

RIP, gentlemen. You will be missed.
 
Okay, on to something on a lighter note. I'm not much of a zombie guy, but I did like the movie Zombieland. Here is a quick clip from a appearance from Bill Murray. Enjoy!