Tuesday, July 2, 2019

July 2019 IWSG


Hello everyone and as always thanks for stopping by. These are the co-hosts for July 2019’s Insecure Writers Support Group brought to you by Alex J. Cavanaugh and his team of co-hosts: Erica Beebe, Natalie Aguirre, Jennifer Lane, M.J. Fifield, Lisa-Buie Collard, and Ellen @ The Cynical Sailor

Be sure to stop by their sites and give them some love for all their hard work this month! 

July 3 Question What personal traits have you written into your character(s)? 



Um, only a couple of things. Chase Manhattan is me. Only he’s a bit taller. And better looking. And athletic. And certainly has far more $$$. Oh, and he’s way smarter too. 

Did I mention he’s an adjunct professor of physics (mainly because the professor became too ill to perform his duties) at University of California – Irvine? 

But that’s about it. Nothing out of the ordinary. Except for destroying the ability to create wormholes through time and space that release a demons bound for a time and a place called Armageddon early and he almost brings his destiny to our world earlier than it should. 

But that’s it. Oh, and he also fights inter-dimensional demons and saves the planet and all its inhabitants from nuclear annihilation. 

But other than that Chase is kind of a boring guy. 



Question What are your big plans for the summer? Me, I’m releasing online courses that are the fruition of a lot of time, effort and sacrifice. Question Do you consider yourself more of an extrovert or an introvert?

20 comments:

  1. That's why my characters have few of my traits - I'm a boring kind of guy.
    Will take more time off to finish my manuscript. On a roll with it now!
    Glad you didn't miss this month! That's a long way to fall off the list...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yeah I really need to pre-post or at least have an emergency post ready to go just in case. Best wishes for a smashing success with your latest and greatest!

      Delete
  2. I feel pretty boring too. My characters have a few of my characteristics but I try to make them more exciting too. That’s part of the fun of writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, character development is fun to write. It's great to see them elbow each other out of the way as they fight for face time as the story develops.

      Delete
  3. Hi Stephen - I thought Chase was a pretty interesting guy ... I thoroughly enjoyed your book. Good luck with those courses ... I hope you'll tell us about them - enjoy the summer, cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary more upcoming on the courses. Enjoy your summer too.

      Delete
  4. LOL! Do you think he at least sounds like you. (Because I now know what you sound like!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering who could caste him and other characters in a movie. Maybe some day.

      Delete
  5. If I could be half as interesting and exciting as Chase, I'd love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay but you'll have to fight inter-dimensional demons and save the planet and all its inhabitants from nuclear annihilation.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on releasing your courses. Such a value! I'm an introvert who acts like an extrovert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liza, love your perspective. An introvert who acts like an extrovert. For me, this meant fake it until I make it.

      Delete
  7. Chase sounds quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah, he totally sounds boring. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I could have a character try to play video games all day, that would perfectly embody me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, he's exactly like you. I'm am introvert and my husband is very extroverted so we're a good match.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think our characters are often braver and better-looking version of ourselves - doing what we wish we could do. Though saving the world sounds like quite a responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chase sounds like a found character. I think I am boring too so make my characters what I would like them to be.
    https://www.junetakey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL you made me laugh about your Chase character. Really does sound like he is just like you. :)
    Good luck with your online course, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chase sounds pretty awesome actually! :-D

    It's winter here, but my plans are pretty simple anyway. Write and get my daughter through another term of school (she does distance ed). Oh and enjoy the cool weather! I live in the tropics so it's really hot most of the year.

    And I'm definitely an introvert, at least in real life. Not so much online. I like being social online.

    ReplyDelete