Tuesday, January 7, 2014

IWSG And A Very Long Punch List

IWSG: brought to you by Alex Cavanaugh and his supporting cast of co-hosts.
 
Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
 
I am a thankful person by nature. I’m thankful to be alive, in good health, and surrounded by family and friends. This helps take the edge of stress and being anxious and places the emphasis of my thoughts in proper alignment.

But I have to admit, I’ve been a bit anxious as I will announce the release date of Escalation, the third installment of the Breakthrough trilogy this Monday, January 13th. There is so much that goes into the writing, editing, and promoting of a book. And I finished about ninety percent of what I need to do over my three week hiatus over the holidays.
 
Punch List: Yet I’m still anxious as I have a large Punch List. To finish. A Punch List is a construction term referring to “a list of unfinished matters that require attention.” If you’ve ever watched a show on TV about flipping houses, such as Flipping Vegas, after a house is purchased and fixed up, there is a Punch List of a whole lot of miscellaneous and never ending little details that have to be addressed before the open house.
 
So that’s where I’m at. Finish one item and three more emerge. That’s okay. I’ll be ready for my Open House. I hope you you’ll join me. 
 
And the good news as it’s not just about me. I believe together we can make at least a small dent in the world’s problem.

So tune in this Monday for more info!