Sunday, January 5, 2014

Welcome 2014!!!


He everyone. Hope you all had a great holiday season! It’s great to be back and I feel refreshed and ready to go.
 
Vision For 2014: I feel I was all over the place last year with the topics I blogged about. For 2014 I’m going to focus mainly on science and science fiction, along with a few smatterings of what I’m doing with marketing and promotions. I’ll share with you what’s working for me and what isn’t. 2014 is a new year full of promise.
 
2013 in Review: What a crazy year. I basically had to start my blog over from scratch last spring. Right at the beginning of the Blogging From A To Z Challenge while I was out of state for three weeks with no real means to do anything about it.
 
But not all was lost. In retrospect, I have to say the Hookers and Hangers Blogfest was the most helpful to me. I went back through my MS for Escalation and took a good look at how my chapters began and ended. I put end some really cool hookers and hangers that added a lot of the WOW factor to the story. I'm a much better writer because of this Bloghop.
 
And I’m thankful for Captain Alex’s "I Rock award". Receiving that helped take the sting off having to rebuild. Thanks Alex! I really needed that boost.
 
Blog Hops: I’m only going to host one this year (more on that in an upcoming post). Oh, I’ll also be co-hosting the amazing 2014 A to Z Blogfest in April. But other than that, I’m not going to host any as I want to focus on other things including a couple stand alone novellas. But I'll be happy to co-host. So if you have a blogfest theme you think I can help with, just let me know.
 
Good Bye Kibbles and Bits
Kibbles And Bits: I think I need to retire this one. I used it as a theme when I posted a hodge podge of miscellaneous non-related stuff. Again, I need to be more focused on science and science fiction themes.

Good by Kibble and Bits. I'll miss you. Especially mixed with milk for breakfast.
 
Escalation: The MS is finished. I just need to go over the final last time edit with my editor and I’ll be good to go. I’ll be announcing the release date Monday January 13th. I have lots of really cool stuff planned and I’ll share more of my vision for 2014. I hope you’ll join me. That’s next Monday.

Author Of The Week: Carolyn Howard-Johnson and The Frugal Book Promoter. I've heard so many good things about this book. I just downloaded and will begin reading tonight. Click on the image at the top right side bar for more info.
 
Question: So what’s your vision for 2014?